Table of Contents
Hilda Dokubo is a Nigerian actress, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She has been an active member of the Nigerian entertainment industry for over two decades. Hilda is renowned for her exceptional acting skills, charismatic personality, and her contribution to the movie industry. She has starred in several blockbuster movies, received several awards, and also invests in several businesses. This article delves into Hilda Dokubo’s life, career, personal life, awards and nominations, her net worth, and many more.
Early Life and Education
Hilda Dokubo was born on October 22, 1969, in Buguma, Rivers State, Nigeria. She is the daughter of Chief and Mrs. Young Harry Jumbo. Hilda grew up in a closely-knit family of ten children which comprised of six girls and four boys. She is the fourth child in the family. The actress had her primary and secondary school education in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Hilda proceeded to the University of Port Harcourt where she studied Theatre Arts and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
After her graduation, Hilda Dokubo began her career as a teacher before venturing into acting in 1992. She began honing her craft by participating in stage dramas before making her debut film “Evil Passion” and has since featured in several blockbuster movies. With over two decades in the industry, Hilda Dokubo has carved a niche for herself in Nollywood. She has won several awards and nominations as a result of her exceptional acting skills. Hilda has produced her own movies such as “The Bridges” and “Fishers of Men.”
|1996||Glamour Girls 2|
|1998||Passion and Pain|
|2001||Above Death: In God We Trust|
|2002||There Is a Way|
Some of her movies can be streamed on YouTube, such as “Widow,” “The Kingmaker,” and “There Is a Way.”
Hilda Dokubo is happily married to Mr. Karoshikwo Dokubo, and their marriage is blessed with three children. Hilda is a devoted Christian and has been vocal about her faith. She is also a philanthropist who has a foundation called Hilda Dokubo Foundation which caters to the needs of women and children.
Hilda Dokubo has been active in the Nigerian movie industry for over two decades. She has featured in several blockbuster movies and has produced her own movies as well. As of 2023, her net worth is estimated to be:
- Net worth in USD: $1.5 million
- Net worth in Nigerian Naira: ₦610 million
- Net worth in Canadian Dollar: CAD 1.9 million
- Net worth in Ghana Cedi: GHS 8.7 million
- Net worth in Kenya Shilling: KES 160 million
- Net worth in South Africa Rand: ZAR 22 million
- Net worth in Uganda Shilling: UGX 5.6 billion
- Net worth in India Rupee: INR 113 crore
Note that these figures are subject to fluctuations based on the stock market and other economic factors. Nevertheless, she is one of the wealthiest actresses in Nigeria.
Awards and Nominations
Hilda Dokubo has won several awards and nominations throughout her career, which includes:
- Best Supporting Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) for her role in “After the Rain.”
- Best Supporting Actress at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for her role in “Stigma.”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) for her role in “Stigma.”
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) for her role in “The Meeting.”
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Best of Nollywood Awards for her role in “The CEO.”
In addition to her awards, Hilda Dokubo has also been nominated for several others.
Social Media Handles
For updates and to connect with Hilda Dokubo, you can follow her on:
Hilda Dokubo is an embodiment of excellence and professionalism in the Nigerian movie industry. From her humble beginnings to her shining moments, Hilda’s life is testimony that with hard work, talent, and determination, every dream is achievable.