Table of Contents
Awaji-Inombek Abiante is a Nigerian politician who has made a name for himself in the political arena. He is a member of the House of Representatives, representing the Andoni/Opobo-Nkoro Federal Constituency of Rivers State.
Early Life and Education
Awaji-Inombek Abiante was born on the 18th of August, 1965 in Opobo, Rivers State. He grew up in Opobo and had his primary and secondary education there. After completing his secondary education, he proceeded to the University of Port Harcourt where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science.
Awaji-Inombek Abiante started his career in politics in 1999 when he was elected as a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly. He served in the House for four years before he was appointed as the Commissioner for Agriculture in Rivers State. He held this position for two years before he was appointed as the Commissioner for Environment.
In 2019, Awaji-Inombek Abiante contested for a seat in the House of Representatives and was elected to represent the Andoni/Opobo-Nkoro Federal Constituency of Rivers State. Since then, he has been actively involved in legislative activities, advocating for the rights of his constituents and pushing for policies that will improve their standard of living.
Awaji-Inombek Abiante has a track record of excellence in his political career. Some of his notable achievements include:
- Sponsorship of the National Water Resources Bill
- Sponsorship of the Bill for an Act to establish the Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko
- Sponsorship of the Bill for an Act to establish the Federal University of Environment, Science and Agriculture, Rivers State
- Sponsorship of the Bill for an Act to establish the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (Amendment) Bill
Awaji-Inombek Abiante is married and has children. He is a devout Christian and is actively involved in his church.
Cars and House
Awaji-Inombek Abiante is a successful politician and has acquired some assets over the years. He owns a house in his hometown of Opobo and also has a fleet of cars.
Awaji-Inombek Abiante’s net worth is estimated to be around $2 million. In Nigerian Naira, his net worth is approximately ₦800 million. In Canadian dollars, his net worth is approximately CAD 2.6 million. In Ghanaian cedi, his net worth is approximately GHC 11 million. In Kenyan shilling, his net worth is approximately KES 220 million. In South African rand, his net worth is approximately ZAR 28 million. In Ugandan shilling, his net worth is approximately UGX 7.4 billion. In Indian rupee, his net worth is approximately INR 150 crore.
Awards and Nominations
Awaji-Inombek Abiante has received several awards and nominations for his contributions to politics and society. Some of these include:
- Award for Excellence in Legislative Representation by the Nigerian Union of Journalists
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Development of Rivers State by the Rivers State Government
- Nomination for the Best Legislator of the Year Award by the Nigerian National Assembly
Awaji-Inombek Abiante is a politician who has made a significant impact in Nigeria’s political landscape. His dedication to his constituents and his commitment to improving their standard of living is commendable.