Juliet Yaa Asantewa Asante is her real full name, but widely and fondly known as Juliet Asante.
She is a popular Ghanaian actress, movie producer and philanthropist known for directing the movie ‘Silver Rain’ starring Joselyn Dumas.
Juliet was born and raised in Ghana. She is the second of five children born to Mr John Asante of Akwamufie and Madam Stella Obeng of Cape Coast.
She lived in Liberia for 10 years before her parents sent her and siblings back to Ghana because they preferred to have them grow up there.
Juliet has two bachelor’s degrees from University of Cape Coast. She also has Masters degree in Public Administration and Public Policy from Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Juliet also trained at National Film and Television Institute and later obtained a Diploma from the New York Film Academy.
Her Acting Career
Juliet Asante began her acting career at the young age of 17 but professionally known in 1999 playing intriguing roles in movies.
She has acted in several Ghanaian movies, some of which are
- • Twin lovers
• Tears of Blood
• Deadly Voyage
• Thread of Ananse
• Tinsel which air on Mnet among numerous others.
Juliet is such a beautiful, creative and exceptionally talented Ghallywood actress, known for good interpretation of roles in movies.
Juliet is a movie producer with several productions to her credit.
She has also directed and produced shows on Ghana television such as Obaby, a dating show and Secrets, a drama series for which she is also executive producer.
She is the host of the Life & Style.
Juliet is the CEO of Eagle Productions, which has helped train some actors and actresses in Ghana through its training arm, the Eagle Drama Workshop.
She has served in various capacities in Ghana as:
- • The Editor of Entertainment today magazine with corresponding television programme
• President of the Women in Film and Television chapter in Ghana.
• Director of Save Our Women International, an Non Governmental Organisation in Ghana.
• The Executive Producer of Secrets, an electrifying drama series set in a pub and owns the Eagle Drama Workshop, blogger for the Huffington Post.
Awards and Recognitions
Juliet Asante has in the course of her acting career earned a number of awards, notably as:
• 2009 Best Actress Award of Ghana
• The Hollywood Reporter′s “Next Generation International TV” (2009).
• The ‘”World of A Difference 100 Most Impactful Women” by the Alliance for Women (TIAW) (2009).
• Honoured by Ghana’s Association of Women Entrepreneur leaders in 2009.
• Best Film in West Africa and Best Overall Film in Africa for her movie, ‘Silver Rain’.
Her Personal Life
Juliet is a mother of a daughter after her marriage to her husband collapsed.
In an interview, Juliet revealed that men find it hard to walk up to her because of her status.
She also revealed that her biggest challenge is finding time for her herself and her daughter.
Juliet Asante Net Worth
Juliet Asante is one of the most talented, richest and most influential actresses in Ghana with an estimated net worth of about $550,000 dollars.
Juliet is a social media personality with a good number of followers. You can reach her on:
Instagram – @julietasante
Twitter – @julietasante