If you don’t have plans on Saturday evening 24 October, not to worry because you there’s no way you’ll be short of entertainment. Miss South Africa 2020 will be announced and according to the organisation, there’s an amazing pre and post-show to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout.
While we gear up for the highly anticipated announcement it’s only right that we know who our top 10 finalists are.
Miss South Africa 2020 will be crowned at The Table Bay hotel in Cape Town in an entertainment-packed event on Saturday from 17:00. The show will be televised live — across the continent — on M-Net DStv channel 101 and Mzansi Magic DStv channel 161.
For those in need of a more exclusive viewing experience, the details can be found here.
MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2020: YOUR TOP 10
The 10 finalists are (in alphabetical order of their first names):
- Aphelele Mbiyo, 24, who was born in Mthatha and raised in Port Elizabeth but currently lives in Johannesburg, holds a BA in Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Busisiwe Mmotla, 27, is from Soweto and is a Senior & FET Phase teacher who graduated from the University of Johannesburg and is currently studying for a diploma in personal training.
- Chantelle Pretorius, 24, from Tshwane, Gauteng, a full-time international model who is also finishing her B.Com Business Management degree through Unisa and has a diploma in nutrition.
- Jordan van der Vyver, 24, comes from Greenpoint, Cape Town, and is an international model who usually spends half the year working overseas.
- Karishma Ramdev, 25, who hails from Chatsworth in KwaZulu Natal, is now based in Joburg working as a medical doctor at the Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital.
- Lebogang Mahlangu, 24, from Soshanguve, Gauteng, is a food scientist working in research and development for a large multi-national.
- Melissa Nayimuli, 24, is from Butterworth in the Eastern Cape but now lives in Sunninghill, Johannesburg where she works as an account manager for a marketing agency.
- Natasha Joubert, 23, who is from Centurion, Tshwane, has a B.Com in Marketing Management and works in PR at a firm of attorneys.
- Shudufhadzo Musida, 24, comes from Ha-Masia in Limpopo and has a Bachelor of Social Sciences in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Pretoria. She is currently doing her BA Honours in International Relations at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Thato Mosehle, 25, hails from Klerksdorp in the North West and is a medical doctor currently completing her internship with the aim of becoming an anesthesiologist.
CEO of the Miss South Africa Organisation Stephanie Weil said; “We have whittled these finalists down from literally thousands of entrants and we honestly believe we have found the 10 women who, right now, represent everything Miss South Africa stands for.”
“Any one of these girls could be crowned the winner but only one will take the crown from her predecessor Sasha Lee Olivier, so we can look forward to a very exciting pageant where our judges are going to have the extremely difficult task of choosing Miss South Africa 2020,” she added.
IMAGES OF THE TOP 10 FINALISTS
Aphelele Mbiyo. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Busisiwe Mmotla. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Chantelle Pretorius. Pic by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Jordan van der Vyver. Pic by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Karishma Ramdev. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Lebogang Mahlangu. Pic by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Melissa Nayimuli. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Natasha Joubert. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Shudufhadzo Musida. Pic by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za Thato Mosehle. Picture by Garreth Barclay / misssa.co.za